If this is your first time visiting, you might want to subscribe so you'll be notified when there's something new to read! See the sidebar below to subscribe. 

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm up for a reading challenge!



Biblio File has posed a great reading challenge. It's based on one of those "1000 Books You Should Read Before You Die" lists. We've all seen those, right? And then felt terrible because we've only read a few, if any, of the books listed. No? Just me?

I've accepted the fact that I will probably (OK, certainly) never read all of the books on the list, but this challenge is a way to feel a little bit better about myself by reading at least a few of them.

Remember parents, it's important to be a reading role model! Come on and join me. You can sign up at the Biblio File blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I just found your blog through Angie's. Thought you might be interested in my give-away this week on Literacy Thursday!

www.hilldds.blogspot.com

Claremont First Ward said...

I LOVE this. I need to join a reading group.

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
I am a high school teacher and have engaged the kids through reading the Bluford books. It is a series that is high interest to kids that are in a urban school. We are on the 5th book in a series of 13 and they cannot get enough of them. The theme is a bit mature so I wouldn't introduce them at a level lower than high school. What I like about them is that my students can really relate to the trials these kids in the book are going through. There is always a happy ending as well. So if a parent or teacher has a high schooler then I recommend this series. Teenagers hate to read these days and there is a strong link between reading and success in school.
Ruth Crawford
Mainland High School,
Daytona Beach, Fla