If this is your first time visiting, you might want to subscribe so you'll be notified when there's something new to read! See the sidebar below to subscribe. 

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hungry Caterpillars

Better late than never, right?

This week in Literacy Launchpad we read The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Eric Carle). This book is usually a great confidence boost in students, because they are almost always familiar with it already, and so you can praise them a lot for their excellent "reading" as they read along with you.

I brought in a very cute caterpillar sock puppet that we used as I read the story a second time during class. The kids got to feed it all its yummy treats from the book and they LOVED it! They were all giggling and just having the best time. And that makes my little heart so happy.

I didn't get photos of the caterpillar puppet during class. Can I just tell you how tricky it is to get photos during class. It's very tough. And getting decent photos is even tougher! Some days I just want to enjoy myself and not fuss with the photos. This week was one of those times. There was just no way to take photos during our puppet activity without it hindering the fun. I'm going to let my son play with it later next week though, and attempt some kind of photos at that time. So stay tuned. It really is a cute little puppet.

We made beautiful butterflies after being inspired by our story! Check out the photos.

This is one of my favorite lessons by far! I know, I know; I say that all the time...




No comments: