If this is your first time visiting, you might want to subscribe so you'll be notified when there's something new to read! See the sidebar below to subscribe. 

Monday, August 13, 2007

Ideas Anybody?

So the Cheekwood Scarecrows thing is definitely a GO! I am registered and set to pick up the supplies for the basic structure of the scarecorw later this week. But I'm a little freaked out about it, because I have no solid idea about how I'm going to make this scarecrow. I want it to be something unique and creative (obviously); I want it to tie in with reading and/or literacy; and I would like the children to be able to participate in creating the scarecrow on some level. So... if you have any brilliant suggestions, please leave them in the comment section. Meanwhile, I will be reading some scarecrow-making books and brainstorming some more!

4 comments:

Jen Barney said...

It may be hard, but you could make a patch work shirt... get the kids to decore a heat press squre and then iron it on. Have them draw various fall scenes, pictures, etc. I think you can get them at Hobby Lobby if you have one in your area...or have them creat a poem together and then you can have the scarecrow holding it in his hands... Dress the scarecrow in school attire! A backpack, glasses, baseball hat, etc. Maybe I am too far out there???

Amy @ Literacy Launchpad said...

Ooo! Good ideas. Like it. I'm going to check that out at Hobby Lobby tomorrow.

Sarah Amick said...

We had a scarecrow that was living in our school for a while (we named him, and gave him a profile)and then one day he disappeared, and left his clothes! We wrote some pretty interesting stories about where he went and etc. Very good writing project.

Amy @ Literacy Launchpad said...

How fun, Sarah! Hmm... I guess I could really get creative with this!